Healer





Genre: Action, Comedy, Drama, Mystery, Romance, Thriller
Date: 2014
Episodes: 20
Duration: ± 1 hour each
Network: KBS2


Main Roles - Cast:

Ji Chang Wook




Park Min Young




Yoo Ji Tae




The review I'll make today will be about a well-known k-drama: "Healer". Many people told me I should watch this one because it's a classic and it's pretty good but I kept postponed it because it has 20 episodes so I kept putting smaller ones first.


The main reason for me to watch it now was Ji Chang Wook. I watched the recent drama "Suspicious Partner" and fell in love with him. He is such an amazing actor and I didn't hear much about him until watching Suspicious Partner. That k-drama was the last one before he enlisted military service. Since I was so curious about that actor I start searching for old dramas and I noticed "Healer" so it was time to give that drama a chance.


-Synopsis-
Seo Jung Hoo is so-called "errand boy". For a relevant price he may complete any task, only if it's not connected with murder. Under Healer's mask he had run foul of some organizations that now strive to catch him, however no one knows who he really is. He can count on older woman's help, genius hacker responsible for the technical part of their job. One of his tasks is closely connected to one girl, Chae Yeong Shin, second rate tabloid reporter. She starts to have an interest about Healer when he tries to get close to her.



This k-drama is full of action and mystery and will make your heart stop and then race like crazy. It will make you cry and then laugh a lot. It will make you anxious and your curiosity will burst. To be honest I wasn't expecting much because I usually don't like the "classics" that much (for example, "Boys over flowers" is a big no for me, don't kill me please) but this one was beyond perfect.


Characters:

Seo Jung Hoo/Park Bong Soo/Healer - I truly love him! I think this was perfectly made for Ji Chang Wook because only an amazing actor could make this role. It requires mad acting skill since you have to made like 3 or more different personalities. I could distinguish every single one by just looking, they didn't even need to talk. And whenever he cried, smile or laugh I noticed myself going along with his emotions and crying or laghing like a stupid girl to a computer. It's hard to explain but if you watch it you'll understand what I'm saying.

Chae Yeong Shin / Oh Ji An – I love this character. It was the first time I saw Park Min Young acting. I was surprised because she made an incredible job. I was afraid she wouldn't stand out since Ji Chang Wook was perfect but she managed to be at the same level. I think her character was perfect to make a little contrast with Seo Jung Hoo. She is so cheerful, funny, bright... You'll laugh with her for sure.

Kim moon ho – I had mixed feelings in the beginning and I can't tell much about him because if I do I would end up telling spoilers. So you need to watch and think for yourself.


Others characters that make this k-drama be awesome was Min Ja (the hacker) and the Teacher. Their personalities were amazing and funny and that made a big difference in everything. I think they were absolutely necessary in this drama to give it a little more humor and, at the same time, a little of sorrow.

All of them were very realistic and the actors done a great job.


Plot:
The plot is very solid and extremely well done. Expect plot twists and complicated things along the drama.

I was afraid along the story because I didn't want this to become like "Now I trust you, now I don't" all over the drama or something annoying like that. But thankfully It was good. 

Besides that, the action will make you feel nervous and the suspense will make your butt glued to the chair but please don't marathon it all night XD You need to rest too.


Love story: 
This one was one of my favorite without stupid excuses or forced arguments. I think it was simple, reasonable and without unnecessary things.


Ending:
One good thing about the ending (one that I can say without giving spoilers) is that you'll have explanations about things that occurred in the story. So it won't be an empty ending. I have my doubts about a couple of things but... I can live with it.


Music:
The music, all OST, is amazing and so well suited to each scene. I guess if I heard them now I can imagine every single scene in my head.



Now one last thing, don't make this one your first drama. I think it's better to have something to compare this with and that way you can realize how good It is.


You can watch here: FastdramaBoxAsianDramaLove

Story: 10 
Acting/Cast: 10
Music: 10 
Overall score: 10

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts