Who are you: School 2015


Genre: Drama, Friendship, Mystery, Romance, School, Youth
Country: South Korea
Episodes: 16
Duration: 60 min
Date: 2015

Main Roles - Cast:

Kim So Hyun



Nam Joo Hyuk



Yook Sung Jae



School it's a pretty famous series that have about 7 "seasons". It's not like they have connected stories between them, it just has the same background: school. It shows the problems and struggles students and adolescents have to face and how their relationships and friendships grow.


Currently it's airing "School 2017" that shows the problems and stress students have to face in that year. Even though the story is made up (ofc, it's a k-drama and not real life) it shows the stress that students have to go thorough in order to enter a good university, all the effort and the money issues. But I will not talk about that k-drama yet.


I decided to talk about the previous one: School 2015.


Actually, what made me want to watch this was the actress Kim So Hyun because I know her and I like her acting skills. But you probably will want to watch because of Nam Joo Hyuk (he was in the famous k-drama "Weightlifting kim bok joo" and the recent one "The Bride of the Water God").


If you're a k-pop fan you'll like the fact that Yook Sung Jae (member of BtoB) is also a main role in this k-drama. Although he is a singer he has great acting skills. (he was in Goblin too).


"Who are you: school 2015" it's focused on the problems between students and bullying. You will be very mad at the characters and that will make you want to keep watching just to see them being punished but until then you'll suffer with the mean things they can do.


-Synopsis-
Sekang High School is the most prestigious private high school in Seoul's Gangnam District, and Go Eun Byul is the most popular girl there. Meanwhile, her identical twin Lee Eun Bi is living in an orphanage and is being bullied at school. Then one day, Eun Byul mysteriously disappears. Soon after, Eun Bi loses her memories and is mistaken as being Eun Byul. Eun Bi then starts living her life as Eun Byul.


As you can see the plot is pretty interesting. You don't know if her sister is dead or not and what will happen when/if she recovers her memory.


When you're watching you'll have lot of doubts about the story and slowly it will be revealed everything itself.


To be honest it was a drama that had everything to be a 10/10 with great plot, awesome actors, deep meaning and life lesson, and... they messed everything up.


About the characters you'll love them.

I have a special feeling for Kong Tae Gwang (Yook Sung Jae ) because his personality was different and very powerful. It was a great character, the best one for me. He was so funny and yet he could be so serious. Yook sung jae acting skills were so good, I cried for him and with him.


About Lee Eun Bi / Go Eun Byeol even though they are both the same actress (Kim So Hyun) you can tell the difference right away thanks to the great acting skills. Altough Go Eun Byeol has a personality a little more tough and mean you can see her sweet side too.


Han Yi An (Nam Joo Hyuk) - I can't say I didn't like him because I really loved him. He has a great personality too and his passion it's noticible. He really fights for what he wants. (even tough what he wanted was something else and he didn't know that – I can't explain this because it would be a spoiler)


I liked the characters and the plot so much until the end but I can't be totally impartial.

The love story was totally a mess. They focused everything between two characters and in the end, they force the relationship with the other one. I'll not tell you which one but be prepared because if you're like me and start shipping the wrong couple, in the end you'll be mad. So, for you to fully enjoy this k-drama you have to shipp the right couple or don't shipp anyone at all. It's the best.

I was so afraid of watching "School 2017" because of this. I didn't want them to mess everything up like they did on School 2015. So far, I'm liking and I can tell for sure it'll be better.

Anyway, I recommend watching "School 2015" even if you shipp wrong and if in the end you end up really upset I think the plot is worth it. I couldn't give a bad rate to this k-drama even thought it was the most disappointed drama I ever watched because of the good plot and awesome acting.

Story: 8
Acting/Cast: 9
Music: 10
Overall score: 7.5

Thanks for reading! Give me your opinion in the coments bellow :D

Comments

Popular Posts