School 2017



Genre: Comedy, Mystery, Romance, School, Youth
Country: South Korea
Episodes: 16
Duration: 60 min each
Network: KBS2


Main Roles - Cast:





Han Joo Wan


«More cast here»

As you now "School 2017" ended last Tuesday so I'm gonna give you my feedback about this k-drama since I watched since it aired for the first time.


Personally, I was afraid because I watched "School 2015" before and that drama, despite the amazing plot, gave me a hard time trying to be ok with the way it ended (yeah... I had second lead syndrome, the worst one so far.) - If you want to know more about "School 2015" go check my review here.


So when I started watching "School 2017" I was afraid the same would happen. Thankfully it didn't but I if I have to compare one to another I liked much more the plot in 2015 because it was very different than the usual k-dramas.

The plot in "School 2017" is very interesting too though.


-Synopsis-
Ra Eun Ho is a cheerful student who is one of the low-rank students in her school. She has a talent for drawing webtoons and dreams of dating the college boy she has a crush on. One day, while trying to find inspiration for her comics, she somehow is caught in the wrong place at the wrong time and gets marked as a delinquent student. This is only the start of her troubles.


The plot is very interesting because it shows the corruption in schools, real and quite awful education system in South Korea (and a little in other countries too), the power of money and the students' dreams or lack of them...


The way they fight for their rights and dreams is very interesting too I can't tell you why since it would be a spoiler and it's the main plot so... you will need to watch.


To be honest I wasn't expecting much at the beginning, I thought it would be a light drama to chill but I ended up anxiously waiting for the next episode.


This drama is very centered on moral values so it will make a little angry at times. But the slight references to others dramas and movies were very funny and even the characters personality made the drama lighter.


About the characters.... I must say that I was pretty happy to see their development and I was surprised by the amazing acting. Kim Se Jung is a newbie in the actors' world since this one was her very first drama but she did an amazing job. Ofc sometimes she lacked some emotion and it's noticeable the lack of experience but in general she was pretty good.


Kim Jung Hyun was amazing too. For me he was the center of all the story because his character was so good and his expressions were very accurate and it showed the awesome acting skills Kim Jung Hyun has. About him I just didn't like his cry scenes. It was.... dunno.... I didn't like at all. He didn't make me want to cry and I usually can't watch anyone crying or I'll cry too.


I'm just going to talk about this two but I think all cast was pretty good.


So, if you like school themed dramas with good and different plot, with a bright and beautiful romance and amazing friendships (ofc with some problems but true friends have problems too) this is the right one for you.


You can watch here: FastdramaDrama3sBoxasian


Story: 8.5
Acting/Cast: 9
Music: 9.5
Overall score: 8.5

Thanks for reading! Let me know your opinion in the comments below.

Comments

Popular Posts