You’re Beautiful



Country: South Korea
Genre: Music, Comedy, Romance
Episodes: 16
Duration: 1 hr each
Aired: Oct 7, 2009 to Nov 26, 2009


Main cast

Jang Geun Suk



Park Shin Hye



Jung Yong Hwa



Lee Hong Ki




-Synopsis-

The management company of the idol group A.N.JELL insisted on adding a new singer to the group as the lead vocal, Tae Kyung's voice was hurting. However, the new member, Mi Nam, had to go to the States to repair a botched eye job just before signing the contract. His agent came up with the idea of having his twin sister, Mi Nyu, to stand in for him and pretend that she was her brother. The two of them grew up in an orphanage and Mi Nyu, who was all set to become a nun, agreed to this charade as she didn't want to spoil her brother's chance of fame which would make it easier to look for their mother.


This drama is one of the best for you to watch if you like music.

The actors are singers and some of them you may know from some songs/bands or other dramas where they show their amazing voices.

I watch this k-drama because I wanted some light and short drama to watch. Actually, it’s not very short since it has 16 episodes with 1h each but you’ll feel like it’s small.

The story was interesting but my heart wavered in the shipp. If you watch you’ll understand what I mean. I guess my type is the romantic one and not the bad boy. It was perfect if it was the both in one but I can’t say that I’m disappointed.

The plot was very good too, it wasn’t just an empty story. One of the best aspects was the fact that it showed the way idols should behave to maintain a reputation. The problems behind rumors and the difficulty to have a relationship.

The personality of the characters is very distinct and they will give you different feelings about them.

I must talk specially about Park Shin Hye acting because I think she is amazing. As always, her cry scenes are the most touching and it feels so real it will make you want to cry too. However, her kiss scenes are not the best. (Yes, I’m a big fan but her kiss scenes are awful…)

I have to say that Jang Geun Suk was not a good kisser too but his acting was ok. Not the best acting I see so far but I have to consider the year of this k-drama so it’s ok not having much experience.

Jung Yong Hwa gained a special place in my heart. His acting was very good even though I can’t compare to Park Shin Hye. But I felt more sorrow for him and I feel more with him than with any other character. I don’t know if it was because of the character or the acting. Maybe it was because both.

Overall the acting was good and I can guarantee you that with this drama you'll be feeling a range of emotions.


Talking about the ending… I was pretty happy with it even though I wanted more… Not more episodes, but more “action”. I was expecting a more romantic ending. But oh well…

If you ended the k-drama and felt like you shipped wrong I recommend you watching “Heartstrings” after. I guess it can heal you pretty well. It’s not a continuation but… go see the main cast. ;D

I’ll be doing a review of “Hearstrings” soon. Stay tunned.

Story 8.0
Acting/Cast 8.0
Music 9.5
Overall 8.5

Thanks for reading :D

Comments

Popular Posts